Physiotherapy is a widely respected health profession that deals with the promotion, maintenance and restoration of health in people of all ages.
In our private practice setting, Go Physio can assess and tailor a treatment for any of the following problems:
- Neck and Back Pain
- Sprains and Strains
- Sports Injuries
- Post Surgery Rehabilitation
- Adolescent and teenage injuries
- Other injuries (inc knee & shoulder pain)
- Work Injuries
Motor Vehicle Injuries
Your physio will undertake with you a comprehensive treatment “package”, that will allow you to alleviate your pain and return to full function as soon as possible. This will involve a thorough assessment of the problem, and identifying the areas that need attention.
For instance, if you have a painful achilles tendon (at the back of the heel), your physio might have diagnosed you with an achilles tendinopathy. Through examining things like the movement of your ankle, calf strength, your walking, and the integrity of the achilles tendon itself, your physio’s treatment might include:
- Soft tissue techniques such as massage and trigger point therapy to fix any dysfunction in surrounding muscle groups
- Joint mobilisation techniques to the foot and/or ankle to increase the mobility of these areas and unload the tendon
- Tailored strengthening exercises to increase the actual load-bearing capacity of the damaged tendon
- Undertaking other exercises such as stretches to shortened muscle groups
- Specific taping techniques
- Prescription of orthotics
- Other interventions such as electrotherapy machines and the use of dry needling
This comprehensive approach, which targets all facets of the injury, will get you the best result and ensure it doesn’t become a recurring problem.